What’s the Indiana that you imagine when you close your eyes? That’s our invitation to you: submit a nature or farm photo that captures the Indiana you cherish – that you want to see flourish and grow, the things worth protecting and stopping to enjoy.
We’re hosting our third annual photo contest, and we’re inviting you to participate! Amateur photographers can submit a farm or nature photo in one of four categories:
– People in Nature & On the Farm
– Barns, Crops, and Livestock
– Forests, Creeks & Wetlands
– Wildlife & Wildflowers
Three other rules to note:
1. The photo must be taken in Indiana by an amateur photographer, in Indiana.
2. The goal of this year’s contest is to answer: what’s the Indiana that you imagine when you close your eyes? That’s our invitation to you: submit a nature or farm photo that captures the Indiana you cherish – that you want to see flourish and grow, the things worth protecting and stopping to enjoy.
3. Deadline to enter is October 31, 2018.
To enter your photo, simply fill out this short form and upload your photo. If you have any problems uploading your photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our judges will select winners in November and we will exhibit the winners this winter – look for an online exhibit and a traveling, in-person exhibit, too! Details to come on our photo exhibit venues. The twelve photos selected for our traveling exhibit will be blown up and mounted; winning photographers will receive their photo as a prize.
This contest and exhibit are supported by the Indiana Arts Commission. Many thanks to the IAC for making the arts come alive in southeast Indiana.
The contest and exhibit are a partship with Oak Heritage Conservancy (we create nature preserves in southeast Indiana) and George Rogers Clark Land Trust (they’re a community group that focuses on protecting working farmland in southern Indiana). Many thanks to the Boards of both groups for all of their hard work making this contest and exhibit a reality!