Reverse Field Trips help 3rd & 4th grade teachers bring nature to the classroom and meet Indiana science standards.
Even if you’re not a science buff or nature nerd, these lessons will help you feel confident engaging your students in hands-on, STEAM lessons. The Reverse Field Trips:
- Include hands-on STEAM activities to engage your students
- Are based on nationally recognized lesson plans, and tailored to fit Indiana.
- Have been vetted by 3rd-4th grade teachers (and improved based on their input!).
- Highlight the flora and fauna of southeast Indiana
- Meet Indiana standards for reading, math, science, and social studies.
- Follow a 5E model – they’re designed to help students ask questions with rigor, follow their curiosity, and explore with hands-on learning.
- Fit a theme – 3rd grade – Pollinators; 4th grader – Birds.
- Are flexible. Put them to work in traditional classrooms, after school programs, and homeschool settings.
Reverse Field Trips are brought to you by Oak Heritage Conservancy, a nonprofit that protects special places in southeast Indiana and connects people with nature.