We are Sold Out! Thank you!
We are delighted to report that we have over 90 folks joining in the fun of our dinner. We are sold out! If you missed this year’s dinner, please plan to join us next year. We’ll look forward to seeing you then (or at a hike, butterfly walk, or other event soon).
Dinner Details for Our Guests
Oak Heritage Conservancy’s Annual Dinner will be on Saturday, October 12, 2019, at the Red Bicycle Hall in historic downtown Madison, Indiana. We’ll enjoy a social hour with fellow nature lovers at 5:30pm, and begin our program at 6:30pm.
Your evening is a nature-themed night out. Highlights include:
- Presentation by Scott Russell Sanders, a nature writer who focuses on Indiana. He will give a short talk about the natural history of the Ohio River, based on his essay “The Force of Moving Water.” We’ll also be featuring the work of beloved local nature photographer Bernie Kasper!
- Fine dining with local beer and wine available, catered by Johnny Jump Up’s
- An evening in a restored 19th century building. Learn more about the Red Bicycle Hall by clicking here.
- A fun, nature-themed silent auction, including tickets to the Shedd Aquarium, Perfect North Slopes, and much more. Details below.
- An update on Oak Heritage Conservancy’s conservation progress
- A chance to connect with other nature enthusiasts
A special “Thank you!” to the sponsors who make the dinner possible:
Looking for a gift, for that nature-lover in your life? Our silent auction is the place to be. We are grateful to the individuals, businesses, and organizations who contribute to our auction! They have generously donated:
Here are links to some of the items if you would like to learn more:
- Four tickets to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago
- Two ski lift passes at Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, Indiana
- Two passes to the Speed Art Museum in Louisville, Kentucky
- Two tickets to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Yoga mat and one-hour yoga class for six people (can be outside), donated by Becky Staab of Yoga in Madison
- Nature Art from Homespun Indy
- Three tickets to the Louisville Slugger Museum
- Two tickets to the Indy Motor Speedway
- VIP tour of Eleutherian College, a national historic landmark, donated by Jan Vehtrus
- Signed copy of Scott Russell Sander’s 2017 book, Stone Country: Then and Now, donated by the author
- Gift Basket of Natural Aromatherapy Soaps, donated by Fountain Alley Body Care
- Vintage plane ride over Madison, Indiana, donated by Jeannie Batto
- Wine and wine glass bundle, donated by Chrys Cook and the Red Bicycle Hall
- Two tickets to Squire Boone Caverns, donated by WJAA
- Framed and signed prints of nature art, donated by Ken and Sharon Bevis
- And many more special items, to be announced!
Please disregard the form below. We are sold out. See you at the dinner next year!