Join us for our first-ever Fall (Carry-Out) Picnic Saturday, Oct 24 at Muscatatuck County Park
This is a “Friend-Raiser” not a fundraiser, so we hope lots of families will join us for a fun, socially distanced picnic in nature.
Tickets are $12 per adult and $10 per child, and include:
- Plenty of space to spread out and enjoy a socially distanced picnic. Families can pick up their carry-out meals at the shelter house, and then set up their picnic anywhere in the park – out in a grassy area, near the pollinator habitat and pond, in the woods, at the mill, or along the river. Bring a blanket or chairs.
- Picnic lunch from The Red Pepper (of downtown Madison), with a nice sandwich, chips, and dessert.
- No drink – Please BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage). Alcohol is allowed.
- Scavenger hunts that you can complete as a household. Good for kids of all ages.
- The chance to bid on neat nature items in our silent auction, plus Oak Heritage t-shirts for sale. All proceeds support our conservation efforts. Details below!
And of course you can grab your picnic and head home to eat (or head to one of our five preserves in Jennings County!).
This is a socially distanced event. Masks will be required during sign-in, and any time social distancing cannot be maintained. Thank you for helping keep everyone healthy!
More about the Auction:
Picnic goers can bid on all sorts of practical items for the nature-lover in their life (or yourself!). Proceeds benefit conservation in southeast Indiana. Special thanks to the Oak Heritage members who donated these items!
This event is part of our fall events series. Check out our events raising funds for conservation (like our Butterfly Photography Workshop, Intro to Nature Journaling, Outdoor Yoga, etc.) as well as our free events for families. Details at www.oakheritageconservancy.org/events/
We cannot host our Annual Dinner (our main annual fundraiser) like normal this year, so this event series is helping to fill the fundraising gap!
This event happens rain or shine. No refunds will be possible.
Our event series is possible because of support from Oak Heritage Conservancy members, as well as our sponsors, including Ameriprise Financial Services Greensburg, Bear Forestry, RBSK Partners PC, and Friendship State Bank.